French Broad Cycling Classic 2012
Sponsored by: Beer City Bicycles
In a change from prior years, the FBCC 2012 Time Trial will be a Merckx-style event. But, it will still be staged along the scenic French Broad River. The Time Trial will be held on Friday, July 20th, from 5:00PM till ~8:30PM in Marshall, NC.
Merckx-style means “mass start legal equipment” ONLY: No TT/Tri bikes. No clip-on aero bars. No disk wheels.
UPDATE (6/29/2012): *** Aero helmets are NOT acceptable. ***
Bib numbers must be placed on the right side.
- The registration limit for the TT is 330. Due to this high volume of riders, start times cannot be chosen/requested. Start times will be assigned by the computer based on a first-to-register, last-to-race order.
- Sorry, there will be NO ”Day of” on-site registration for the TT.
- TT registration will available only through www.pre-reg.com.
- Pre-registration for FBCC 2012 Time Trial will only be available through Friday July 20th, and that pre-registration will end promptly at 12:00 noon Eastern Time!
Note: You must compete in the Time Trial, Road Race and Criterium to be eligible for the Omnium.
French Broad Cycling Classic 2012 – Time Trial: Categories and purse:
Pro Cat 1,2 $225/5
Cat 3 $90/3
Masters 35+ (Cat 1-4) $90/3
Cat 4 $90/3
Masters 50+ (Cat 1-4) $90/3
Women Cat 1,2 $90/3*
Masters 60+ $90/3
Women Cat 3,4 $90/3
Cat 5 / Citizens Medals/3
* Women’s Pro 1, 2 purse will be the greater of $90 OR 50% of the combined Women’s Pro 1, 2 Time Trial entry fees.
Course description: The course is a relatively flat (for this area) 20.5km “out and back” course along HWY 251 just outside Marshall, NC. See course map and profile page.
Directions (to Marshall): From Asheville, on I-240, take exit 4A to US 19/23 (new I-26) North. Take Marshall exit 19A onto US 25/70. Go 6.5 miles and turn left on Business 25/70 (signs to Marshall). At stop sign, follow directions for parking.
Parking: Parking is available on the grass median and road shoulder along HWY 251. NO PARKING will be allowed within the TT course or along the sides of the road. Please DO NOT park in front of any EXISTING BUILDINGS OR HOUSES unless otherwise noted.
Map to TT Parking and Start: