If you are in town for the event please come to the Marlon Cleghorn Benefit Saturday night to support a cyclist who was severely injured in a hit an run accident.
Pro 1-2 Men’s Payout update (6/29/2012)
The Road Race Payout has been increased to $1000
The Crit Payout has been increased to $2000
Omnium Payout has been increased to $1000
Welcome to the French Broad Cycling Classic 2012 Website!
The French Broad Cycling Classic 2012 is a three-day race Omnium scheduled for July 20th, 21st, and 22nd with a
$6000 $8,800 purse, plus cash primes. The 2012 events are located in Marshall (Time Trial and Road Race) and Asheville (Criterium), North Carolina.
Online registration for FBCC 2012 is available through www.pre-reg.com. For the Time Trial, for which there will be NO on-site, day-of registration. You must pre-register online at www.pre-reg.com. This pre-registration will close promptly on Friday, July 20th at 12:00 noon Eastern Time. Other registration details are shown on the “Road Race” and “Criterium” pages.
*** You must compete in the Time Trial, Road Race and Criterium to be eligible for the Omnium. ***
Note the following changes for FBCC 2012:
- Road Race course is the original 40-mile course for all categories except the Juniors. Juniors will compete on a 16-mile course. Refer to the “Road Race” and “Juniors” webpages for more details.
- Top-ranked Women in the Womens Cat 3, 4 Omnium will be invited to compete in the Women Cat 1, 2 criterium at no additional charge.
- Womens Cat 1/2 stage purses will be the greater of those listed on the TT, road race and criterium pages OR 50% of the combined entry fees for that race. The Womens Cat 1/2 Omnium payout remains $200, but will be 3 deep.
- Road Race and Rider Safety: Due to the narrow roads, riders are urged to discourage friends and family to be on the same route during the course of the event.
- The Time Trial will be Merckx-style. This means mass start legal equipment only. See the “Time Trial” webpage for more important details.
- An actual podium and FBCC Podium Girls will be featured for Sunday’s Criterium races.
- The first 300 Omnium pre-registrants will receive a bottle of Limited Edition Pepper Palace FBCC 2012 HOT SAUCE in their registration packet (courtesy of ABRC, Beer City Bicycles, Pepper Palace and Spin-Tech Training).
Photographs courtesy of Paul Christopher (http://www.christopher-graphics.com/FrenchBroadCyclingClassic2012)